Dodger, I Miss You So Much
It has been over a month since I said goodbye to my old friend. Every day still, there are tears that I shed. The simple sweet things of my everyday life are tied to you.
These simple things continue, but they are less sweet without his loving presence. I feel guilty that I made the decision to euthanize him, but he was failing fast from his medical issues and I didn't want him to suffer.
Yet, there is not a day that goes by that I wish I could have one more day with him. My husband and I were so sad when the decision had been made, and I think he picked up on that, and he seemed so sad, too!
Five things I miss about my old boy:
1) The absolute way that he made me feel I was the most important person on earth.
2) How he was by my side always.
3) The goofy look he'd get when I'd hit that favorite spot he liked to be scratched on his neck.
4) When we'd do our work at home job together.
5) The sound of him settling in for the night by the side of my bed.
I can only pray that his sweet soul is waiting for us in heaven, and that right now he is romping with his friends, once again able to see and run, untouched by age, blindness, diabetes and arthritis. I miss him so much more than my words here can say.
God Bless and care for you now, Dodger!